Chrome Plating

kboyd

The chrome plating on my 83's headlight and taillight surrounds is breaking down and needs to be redone. Speed & Sport Chrome Plating, Houston, TX usually advertizes their services in the AOAI magazine and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them.

I've no experience with them, but depending on the cost you might check with some of the vendors like Nostalgic Motors, Jon Myer and a few others. There's still NOS examples of the front pieces floating around...maybe you can score a pair. The rear are made of unobtanium...but there are reproductions of good quality on the market. I've got repros on my car from Nostalgic and they're of really good quality. That's not to mention good used as well which are available.

There's also Jerry Forrester who is a Studebaker Drivers Club member that does replating...his work is outstanding and not hateful in cost. Check the SDC forum for his contact information.

I've used both Speed and Sport, and Forresters. For drivers quality go with Forrester, for show, use Speed & Sport.