Horn and brush assy.

avantir3

I am taking off a Grant steering wheel and replacing it with a stock Avanti wheel. I had the wheel in storage and lost the "Retainer and horn Brush assy with wire" pn. 1557643 under wheel or under emblem. I'm not sure as I didn/t take it apart. I am looking for new or used if anyone knows where I might find one. Thanks

Roland

i can't help regards the parts but I am interested inwhat Grant steering wheel

fit your Avanti and why you want to change back to original. My 63 Avant wheel is

a basket case and it appears over $700 to replace it. Maybe a Grant wheel is the answer

if it will fit.

Thanks

....DickCurtis

fit your Avanti and why you want to change back to original. My 63 Avant wheel is

a basket case and it appears over $700 to replace it. Maybe a Grant wheel is the answer

if it will fit.

Thanks

....DickCurtis

Dick

If I recall correctly, Grant lists the adapter for the original Avanti on their website so you could use about any Grant Wheel you like.

Bob

Dick

If I recall correctly, Grant lists the adapter for the original Avanti on their website so you could use about any Grant Wheel you like.

Bob

That's true. Grant makes an adapter to ft the Avanti steering wheel up through 1970 before they went to the outside sourced steering column to comply with federal regulations. If you go to Grants website you can use their fit chart to get the correct number. Summit Racing carries them.

If you want the retainer and horn brush assembly for the original steering wheel give Jon Myer or Dan Booth at Nostalgic a call.

That's true. Grant makes an adapter to ft the Avanti steering wheel up through 1970 before they went to the outside sourced steering column to comply with federal regulations. If you go to Grants website you can use their fit chart to get the correct number. Summit Racing carries them.

If you want the retainer and horn brush assembly for the original steering wheel give Jon Myer or Dan Booth at Nostalgic a call.

Thank you all. I'll call Grant tomorrow and see about an adapter.

.....Dick Curtis

if it will fit.

Thanks

....DickCurtis

Not sure what model it is. It is varnished wood, three spoke, smaller than original, says GT on center horn button, My original is in great shape, if I take off horn button, I am trying to install the remote (round) from my hidden radio.also the grant wheel sits closer to me than original, (fat). short legs, need to get as close to the dash as possible. I don't need the part I wrote about before, now I need to find where a wire( no wires now) goes, is there anywhere that may have a wiring diagram of the wire hook-up? thanks Roland. avantir3@yahoo.com