1964 battery area

1963r2

Hello everyone

Just a couple of queries.

I have installed a 64 inner fender in my 63 Avanti and I now have to install the battery hold down bolts to the fender.

Does anyone have a photo of the 64 battery area (minus the battery) so that I can see the location of, and the look of the bolt closest to the radiator. I will need to make the bolt so a good photo would be appreciated.

I have also noticed (in photos) holes drilled in the battery area. I will need to install these but why are they there and can they be left out.

Many Thanks

Pb

Edited by 1963r2

I don't have any photos of the area without the battery, but a good thing to do is get the battery support kit sold by Studebaker International. It give the battery much more support than merely sitting on the fender apron. They probably have the correct hold down and bolts for the battery as well.

Nice move...having the option of so many different Group 24 batteries is so much better than what few choices you have for that long 3EE battery.

Thanks GS

According to the parts catalogue SI only have the 63 version of the hold down bolt.

I re configured one of the original 63 bolts and riveted that on to the fender but yet to see how the other bolt looks and works.

Yes my reason for changing it over was because the original needed repair anyway and you can get the group 24 batteries anywhere as you state.

Any reason for the holes ?

Thanks

pb

I really can't tell you how the bolts are located even if I took the battery out of my car. When the car was rebuilt an aluminum battery tray was installed and it doesn't work like the factory installation. Wish I could help more on what you need. I hope someone here can.

Maybe if you go to a NAPA, Pep Boys or some similar parts house you can find some battery hold downs you can configure to work.