looking for project 63 or 64

ken1007

Mark...

I don't know if this interests you, but there's a '63 Avanti on Ebay right now that might suit your desires. It's missing the drivetrain and front and rear glass as probably other items, but the seller says it has a good frame which is a big plus. From the photo it looks to have originally been an R2 since it has the supercharged emblems. It also comes with the transport trailer it sits on. I don't know the seller's reserve but it could be a good deal if low enough. The car is located maybe ten miles from me but I haven't gone to look at it.

If you want a project car to customize, this has potential. Ebay Avanti

Mark...

I don't know if this interests you, but there's a '63 Avanti on Ebay right now that might suit your desires. It's missing the drivetrain and front and rear glass as probably other items, but the seller says it has a good frame which is a big plus. From the photo it looks to have originally been an R2 since it has the supercharged emblems. It also comes with the transport trailer it sits on. I don't know the seller's reserve but it could be a good deal if low enough. The car is located maybe ten miles from me but I haven't gone to look at it.

If you want a project car to customize, this has potential. Ebay Avanti

Thanks, I would be interested in frame and body, but not trailer. emailed him about condition of hog troughts, Ken, Deltaville Va

There is a 64R1 a few towns over from me that I looked at last year. The car has sat outside for a bunch of years. I offered $2500 as is and the deal was going well until he felt the car was worth much more. He said it ran, sure sure. I will email him again and find out what the status is. I did take a dozen digital pics of the car; inside,outside and engine bay. I will keep you posted.

Mark

Ken, again I contacted the son of the owner who I spoke to earlier: here is what I just sent:

Greg, Is there a problem with possibly selling the car? In this market there are a few of us who don't want these cars striped, junked or left to deteriorate beyond affordable restoration.

Give me a real price and I will pass it own to someone in VA who wants to do a full restoration on a 63-64

Mark

Either he will respond or totally ignore me, we will see or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Thaks, called and emailed him but have not heard back, Ke

Though I have called and emailed, the guy has NOT returned any calls or emails. Sorry, he is a jerk

Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thaks, called and emailed him but have not heard back, Ke

Ken & all the others reading

The son of the owner finally called me last night about the 63 R1 that was listed on Craigs list last year. My original offer was $2500.00 as this car has sat outside uncovered for a long long long time. He wante $6K. With the recent call he still wants $6K, this car at best is worth $2500. Other than full paint, all rubber, chrome, the interior is a total mess, suspension exhausted, on and on.

I beleve you bought a project car, this car in NJ is definatly not worth more than $2500.00 I still have all the photos I took from last year, so, buyer beware.. I dont want to speak ill of this Man, but his expectations are way out of line and I dont want anyone to buy site unseen.

Ken, any updates on your search for an Avanti?

Thanks, John

John, sorry for delay in reply, but had not checked this post for some time----to answer your question, yes, I found a 63 R2, 4 seed, in Harisonburg Va, right now I'm only trying to get the "storage strink" out of it, restoration will start this winter. It had been in stroage since 1977 and a couple dozen mice mistakenly thought it belonged to them. Ken, Deltaville, Va