Sign in to follow this  
r1lark

Are These Avanti Vent Window Division Channels?

These two new (NOS) vent window division channels were in a Studebaker parts cache that I obtained (pics below). They are made just like the division channels on my '64 Daytona, but they are curved. The overall length is 16". The only Studebaker that I could find that had curved division channels was the Avanti p/n 1350577 (at least, in the parts manual they look to be curved). 

What do you think, are these p/n 1350577 for an Avanti? Thanks in advance for any help!

DSC05479.JPG

DSC05480.JPG

When you say "division channels", do you mean what the forward end of an Avanti side window glass rides up and down in?:huh:

Ed, the parts book calls it a 'WEATHERSTRIP, front door vent division channel". It's riveted to the chrome door vent frame, and it's what the rear edge of the vent glass seals against when it's closed.

9 hours ago, r1lark said:

Ed, the parts book calls it a 'WEATHERSTRIP, front door vent division channel". It's riveted to the chrome door vent frame, and it's what the rear edge of the vent glass seals against when it's closed.

OK Paul,   I get it....I just measured the exposed section of the division channel (vent) on my '83, and it's 16".....so those strips probably are for an Avanti...Ed:)

Edited by mfg

AFAIK, the Avanti was the only Studebaker production car with curved side glass.  

30 minutes ago, studegary said:

AFAIK, the Avanti was the only Studebaker production car with curved side glass.  

That's what I was thinking Gary, thanks for verifying.

7 hours ago, studegary said:

I should probably qualify this by saying door glass, as some, including prewar, had curved glass (curved in the other direction) on the side of the car.