Spray-on bug bra

IndyJimW

I saw yesterday in an auto parts store that Duplicolor makes a spray on bug bra that washes off with soap and water. Has anyone tried it?

Jim Wood

Not sure about that stuff, but after they get on the paint, you just wet the

surface and use some Baking Soda on a damp cloth. You dont even have

to press hard .. light circular motions is all that needed. The bugs will just

come off like magic. I read about it in Avanti Magazine. ;) Works great!

Tom

wow , and here i am using warm soap and water. what will they think of next?lolololol :rolleyes:
This is pretty cool B) stuff and has been out since last year. It is water based - so it washes right off. Want to rob a bank - no problem - just spray your "Avanti" with this stuff (it comes in different colors) rob the bank and then wash your car. "It wasn't me officer, my car is not the same color as the identified get-away-vehicle". I have used it to "see" what my car would look like under different schemes, ie. I sprayed my silver Avanti roof BLACK to see what it would look like if I faked a convertible roof / it looked like an Avanti with a vinyl top! You're suppose to wash it off after 3 days. I have gone as long as 5 days with no problem at all...

Bill D

I was thinking of using it on long trips as protection from rock chips in the nose paint. Sorry if I wasn't clear. The name of the product is "Shield" by Dupli-color and its called "Temporary Spray-on Bra Protection". I picked up 2 cans, 1 black and 1 clear. It says it can be used as a bra or as mudflaps. My Shop Manager wants to try it on his quarter panels to protect from tire rubber that sticks to his paint at the drag strip.

Jim Wood