Avanti Codes!

mfg

On Studebaker production order sheets, .....?..... different codes were used to describe '63-'64 Avanti models.

1) Two......2)  Three......3) Four.....or.....4) Five

Edited by mfg

21 hours ago, mfg said:

On Studebaker production order sheets, .....?..... different codes were used to describe '63-'64 Avanti models.

1) Two......3)  Three......3) Four.....or.....4) Five

3) Three

EDIT:   I just noticed that you used 3) for two different answers.   I mean three different codes as my answer.

Edited by studegary

21 hours ago, studegary said:

3) Three

EDIT:   I just noticed that you used 3) for two different answers.   I mean three different codes as my answer.

Thanks Gary,.....I just corrected that boo-boo!:wacko:

Unfortunately, your answer is incorrect:(..............Be that as it may, I want to wish you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!:D

11 hours ago, studegary said:

Thank you and then four would be what I think. 

I am surprised that someone didn't just look it up.  I was going by what was logical to me.

Sorry, four codes is incorrect.:(

1 hour ago, mfg said:

Sorry, four codes is incorrect.:(

Then it must be two.

Is that a distinction between engines (R1/R2) or transmission (AT/Std.)?

I tried to base my answer on the way Studebaker had codes for other cars (than the Avanti).

45 minutes ago, studegary said:

Then it must be two.

Is that a distinction between engines (R1/R2) or transmission (AT/Std.)?

I tried to base my answer on the way Studebaker had codes for other cars (than the Avanti).

I hate to be 'The Grinch', but I've got tell you your last answer (two) is also incorrect!:(

This, of course, leaves FIVE as the CORRECT answer!

I'd be happy to list them later today if anyone should be interested!.........MERRY CHRISTMAS!!:D

6 hours ago, mfg said:

I hate to be 'The Grinch', but I've got tell you your last answer (two) is also incorrect!:(

This, of course, leaves FIVE as the CORRECT answer!

I'd be happy to list them later today if anyone should be interested!.........MERRY CHRISTMAS!!:D

For five, I will guess that it is a combination of the two distinctions that I last gave.  It is the three transmission choices in an R1 plus the two transmission choices in an R2.  

23 hours ago, studegary said:

For five, I will guess that it is a combination of the two distinctions that I last gave.  It is the three transmission choices in an R1 plus the two transmission choices in an R2.  

I don't know about that Gary.....It would appear that the codes coincide with serial number breaks more than anything else.:o  (Here are the five Avanti codes)..........

Serial 1001---1285.....Code 63RQ

Serial 1286--2723.....Code 63RQ3270

Serial 2724--3916.....Code 63RQ3370

serial 3917--4891.....Code RQ3370

Serial 4892--5643.....Code RQ4370

Consider the above serial number breaks 'approximate'!