Last Avanti!

mfg

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:46 AM, mfg said:

Interestingly, the last (South Bend) Studebaker automobile sold to the general public was also the last 'prototype' (EX) Studebaker Avanti built.......True?

I would say no/False.  Studebaker built many cars for stock that took awhile to eventually get to dealers and even longer to get to retail customers ("general public").  There were 1963 Avantis that were first sold by dealers to retail customers in 1973.  

19 hours ago, studegary said:

I would say no/False.  Studebaker built many cars for stock that took awhile to eventually get to dealers and even longer to get to retail customers ("general public").  There were 1963 Avantis that were first sold by dealers to retail customers in 1973.  

False is CORRECT!, but not for the reason you give.

Anyone else know what the last new 'South Bend' Studebaker to be sold to the general public was?:huh:

20 hours ago, studegary said:

I believe that the last new vehicles built in South Bend may have been Zip Vans, but they were not "sold to the general public". 

Actually, the last new South Bend Studebaker passenger car sold to the general public was also the last 1964 Gran Turismo Hawk built!:o (serial #64V20197)

2 hours ago, mfg said:

Actually, the last new South Bend Studebaker passenger car sold to the general public was also the last 1964 Gran Turismo Hawk built!:o (serial #64V20197)

That may or may not have been "...the last Studebaker automobile sold to the general public..."  When was it sold at retail?   It may have been the last built, but that does not automatically make it the last sold retail.