My Avanti in Wold of Speed Museum

Avanti kid

Hi fellow racers, some of you may know that I donated my 1963 Avanti that I raced for 23 years at Bonneville, El Mirage and Muroc Dry Lakes and still holds records there, in May of 2017 I donated my Avanti to the Studebaker National Foundation and they have put the car on display at the "World of Speed Museum" at Wilsonville, Oregon (near Portland, OR.) for a 2 years period but now the Foundation and me love the car there so it may stay there forever, recently on YouTube the museum shows my 50 some racing tags and my 3 record certificates, so if you wish to see it go to YouTube "Avanti Kid's Bonneville Records-Inside the Archive S1:E3" take care Dave biggrin2.gif

2018 Sept 4th Avanti meet-Al's house 127.JPG

This is very nice, but why is it in the "Trivia" section?  Perhaps a moderator could move it to a more appropriate section.  

Edited by studegary
missing h

They were afraid to place the timing tags and my records by the car in the Land Speed section because unfortunately some things on display are stolen, but I hope they can make a display cabinet near the car so the public can see more history of the car, this museum has a Land Speed section with Mickey Thompson 4 Poniac engine streamliner near my car and they have Indy cars, NASCARs, drag cars and others on display, out of the 200 cars there my Studebaker Avanti is the only Studebaker car in the museum and its getting a lot of attention by the public, so I'm glad its there, take care, Dave

Yes I know you were referring to the Trivia section and I would like for these items to be next to the car, but they are worried the public may steal some of the items, its a shame today we have to worry about things like that, but in the future I hope they can find a way to show the history right next to the car, thanks Gary for your interest, Dave Bloomberg

Edited by Avanti kid

9 hours ago, Avanti kid said:

They were afraid to place the timing tags and my records by the car in the Land Speed section because unfortunately some things on display are stolen, but I hope they can make a display cabinet near the car so the public can see more history of the car, this museum has a Land Speed section with Mickey Thompson 4 Poniac engine streamliner near my car and they have Indy cars, NASCARs, drag cars and others on display, out of the 200 cars there my Studebaker Avanti is the only Studebaker car in the museum and its getting a lot of attention by the public, so I'm glad its there, take care, Dave

WOW!..that's a museum I need to get to!!......Thank you for posting this information...your Avanti is spectacular!:)

If you want to see all the nice cars in the World of Speed Museum go to YouTube show "World of Speed Museum (1/2018) the video is 11:43 minutes long, my Avanti is at the 4:32 minute spot on the video, it is a very nice well done museum and great people working there, enjoy, take care, Dave