Avanti Enduro!

mfg

3 hours ago, mfg said:

The Studebaker Avanti which was used for the Sears-Studebaker cross country runs came through that adventure unscathed........True?

I will say true based on my seeing the car after the run, but that was decades ago.  I do seem to remember reading something about damage, like a broken window, that may have been repaired before I saw the car.

12 minutes ago, studegary said:

I will say true based on my seeing the car after the run, but that was decades ago.  I do seem to remember reading something about damage, like a broken window, that may have been repaired before I saw the car.

It's very interesting that you were able to look that Avanti over.....I wonder what became of it?

Sorry though, your answer of 'TRUE' is incorrect!:(

3 minutes ago, mfg said:

It's very interesting that you were able to look that Avanti over.....I wonder what became of it?

Sorry though, your answer of 'TRUE' is incorrect!:(

Joe Erdelac bought it and had it shipped to Cleveland, Ohio.

2 minutes ago, studegary said:

Joe Erdelac bought it and had it shipped to Cleveland, Ohio.

Isn't he the gentleman who ordered the next to last 'production' Studebaker Avanti? (which happened to be one of the nine 'production' R3's)

3 minutes ago, mfg said:

Isn't he the gentleman who ordered the next to last 'production' Studebaker Avanti? (which happened to be one of the nine 'production' R3's)

Close, but no.  He owned the last produced Avanti, R3 5643, for many years/decades (he donated it to the Crawford Museum).

4 minutes ago, studegary said:

Close, but no.  He owned the last produced Avanti, R3 5643, for many years/decades (he donated it to the Crawford Museum).

Yes, OK, thanks!:)