Avanti Folder!

mfg

Actually I think it said   nineteen hundred sixty-six  on the cover.............a dash was between 'sixty' and 'six'.

Didn't this very first sales folder have the Roman numeral II inside the circle?

On 10/6/2018 at 6:46 PM, r1lark said:

Actually I think it said   nineteen hundred sixty-six  on the cover.............a dash was between 'sixty' and 'six'.

Didn't this very first sales folder have the Roman numeral II inside the circle?

The folder indeed did have a circled "ll" on its cover, however, 1966 (in numeral or printed form) was not displayed!:(

Answer to question....FALSE!

Edited by mfg

Ok, I'll have to dig out my old sales literature, but it will be a few days. 

In the meantime Ed, can you post a scan of the what you consider the first Avanti II sales folder?

5 minutes ago, r1lark said:

Ok, I'll have to dig out my old sales literature, but it will be a few days. 

In the meantime Ed, can you post a scan of the what you consider the first Avanti II sales folder?

I'm looking at it now.....Cover has black field.......Avanti script is in white with the circled 'll' (in white) beside it.....and a silver 1/2" wide stripe under the script.:)

I thought the folders with the 'stripe' were used post-1966. The 1966 folders had the year written out where the stripe was. 

Of course, (my) memory can be wrong. ?

I'll look thru my collection in a few days. 

1 minute ago, r1lark said:

I thought the folders with the 'stripe' were used post-1966. The 1966 folders had the year written out where the stripe was. 

Of course, (my) memory can be wrong. ?

I'll look thru my collection in a few days. 

You're memory is probably better than mine....I just could be looking at a post '66 folder!:o

UPDATE----UPDATE----UPDATE.........r1lark  is CORRECT!:)...Avanti Motors indeed did issue a sales folder which came before the one I have (which I thought was the first one)...........

and indeed it does have ...."nineteen hundred sixty-six" printed on the front cover.

There was actually two...one with four panels and the other with ten.

Well done Paul!