Chromed R4!

mfg

On 6/3/2018 at 2:29 PM, r1lark said:

I'll say true. Somewhere I have pics of Paul Johnson's R4 when it was at the museum, and seems like it had a chrome valley cover.

True is CORRECT!....The R4  Bonneville Daytona convertible (car #3) also had a chromed valley pan.)

23 hours ago, Ron Dame said:

If an R2 had a chromed valley cover, why wouldn't an R4?

The R4 engine was a 1964 model year option...1964 Studebaker Avanti R2's had (black) painted valley pans installed on the engines.

Mine (R1092, (and I think RS 1032? Something 1092) has a chromed valley cover. But there are a lot of mismatched parts on this car, like a faux wood steering wheel, later interior door handles, etc.

5 minutes ago, Ron Dame said:

Mine (R1092, (and I think RS 1032? Something 1092) has a chromed valley cover. But there are a lot of mismatched parts on this car, like a faux wood steering wheel, later interior door handles, etc.

Sounds like an interesting Avanti!

I suppose one of the owners upgraded it with a later steering wheel, and maybe parted out a later car, as one door handle is later, one is earlier, the driver's door had been turquoise, The rear view mirror is definately not Studebaker, nor are the door mirrors, and a couple other oddities.