Avanti Parts!

mfg

On several early Studebaker Avantis, what parts, installed at the factory, were removed from the cars and disposed of by Studebaker dealers.....either before or just after the initial sale?

4 minutes ago, r1lark said:

The loud mufflers? :)

WOW!...great guess, and I can't say you're wrong......but I was thinking of something else entirely!.....HINT,....think BODY part!

4 minutes ago, r1lark said:

The rear window fastening? I know that was an early running change because the rear windows would pop out at high speeds.

Another sensible guess, ....but that's not it!...HINT....nothing would be 'too loud' or 'fall out' if these parts (HINT....there are FOUR of them)  were NOT removed.

52 minutes ago, JWL1940 said:

I'll guess there were some hooks or eye bolts fastened to the frame that used to secure the Avantis during shipping that were removed by the dealers as they were no longer needed. Wow, that was a looooong sentence.

(o[]o)

That's probably true of Avantis and other new Studebakers also.....however, these four parts are actual body parts!

3 hours ago, StudeNorm said:

Did the factory do what a previous owner of my car did and install mudflaps?  I still have them on the rear...

Good thought....but mudflaps aren't the parts!

Are we ready for the answer?

Were there some stainless trim pieces that had to be removed and discarded to retrofit the drip rails that were added early in production? I'm really reaching here........... :)

You 'reached' to the right place Paul.....Those are EXACTLY the parts I was thinking of!....Those four stainless trim pieces were to be removed from the car if and when drip rails were installed.

WELL DONE!!!!!!!