Cosmic Kellogg!

mfg

Because it was, like, out of this world man! :)

Seriously, was it because supposedly Raymond wanted the shape of the wheel openings to match the reentry curve of a rocket (or something like that)?

I'm really reaching on this one..........

13 hours ago, r1lark said:

Because it was, like, out of this world man! :)

Seriously, was it because supposedly Raymond wanted the shape of the wheel openings to match the reentry curve of a rocket (or something like that)?

I'm really reaching on this one..........

Good thought!,.....however, that is not what Tom was referring to......Anyone else want to give this one a try?

22 hours ago, r1lark said:

That the car had a spirit that kept people trying to revive it (Altmans, Blake, etc).

Another good guess...but that isn't it!

OK, I'm going to give the answer to this question.........Kellogg was referring to the 'AVX'!

Here is the quote from one of his obituaries that I based my second answer on:

"I've concluded that the car is cosmic," Kellogg told Associated Press in 2000. "It has some sort of personality or spirit that keeps finding people to take it over and stroke it and keep it going."

So, he was specifically talking about the AVX as opposed to all the various generations of the Avanti line?

8 minutes ago, r1lark said:

Here is the quote from one of his obituaries that I based my second answer on:

"I've concluded that the car is cosmic," Kellogg told Associated Press in 2000. "It has some sort of personality or spirit that keeps finding people to take it over and stroke it and keep it going."

So, he was specifically talking about the AVX as opposed to all the various generations of the Avanti line?

Hi Paul, the answer came from ' Avanti Magazine', Issue 130,.....I took the text to mean the AVX (from a Jim Bunting write up)....however, re-reading it, you may very well be correct in saying that Kellogg meant ALL Avantis in general....?