Avanti R2 Fans!

mfg

If my experience holds and nobody can tell me what I did wrong, if anything, I have to say true.

I ordered a viscous type fan for my '63 R2 Avanti and was sent what I was told was a fan for a '64 R2 Lark (should be the same, right?). After installing it I found it was TOO close a fit and hit my shroud. It seems the notches on the tips of the Lark fan are different than the notches on the Avanti fan... I ended up putting in a Flex-o-lite 15" fan. Kind of noisy but it works. Anyone out there want to buy a very slightly used R2 Lark fan?

Tough luck on the fan Norm....The answer here actually is TRUE.....A '64 R2 Lark fan is considerably larger in diameter than a '64 R2 Avanti fan.

Edited by mfg

OK. So wouldn't the wording of your question make the answer true? Or do you mean the Avanti fan WILL fit the Lark (but it wouldn't be correct)... Even so, the Lark fan still does NOT fit the Avanti.

I'm confused, which is not hard to do lately.

I agree that "the wording of the question" makes the answer true. Also, don't be alarmed at being "confused". The wording of some of the questions lends itself to that.

OK. So wouldn't the wording of your question make the answer true? Or do you mean the Avanti fan WILL fit the Lark (but it wouldn't be correct)... Even so, the Lark fan still does NOT fit the Avanti.

I'm confused, which is not hard to do lately.

Whoops!...sorry Norm...The answer to this question is indeed TRUE....(I need more sleep I guess!)