Anybody notice the Rodger Ward Indy 500 Avanti is up for auction on BAT.

Nelson

13 hours ago, Nelson said:

It will be interesting to see what this one fetches. Really a neat car and man does it look good with the correct optional 63 style Halibrands. 

This ‘Ward’ Stude Avanti was posted for sale in 2007…. I remember seeing it on the for sale board at the South Bend Int. meet that year.

Looks like it sold for $51k,

I have to question the ownership of a unknown person (at least by me) having much effect on the price. It really didn't go for a skyrocketed price due to that. 

What I'm seeing in a Exceptional Condition,. these cars bring about $40-50k..  They have been rising substantually in value over the last year or two.

2 hours ago, aardvark said:

Looks like it sold for $51k,

I have to question the ownership of a unknown person (at least by me) having much effect on the price. It really didn't go for a skyrocketed price due to that. 

What I'm seeing in an Exceptional Condition,. these cars bring about $40-50k..  They have been rising substantually in value over the last year or two.

Folks that followed Indy racing in the 50’s and 60’s would be very familiar with Roger Ward… right up there with Foyt, Jones, Unser, or any of the other Indy 500 winners…..

Also, Studebaker made a big deal out of rewarding Ward a new Avanti after his ‘62 win… which is quite a story in itself!

MFG.

I do now some things about Him. It might have been a iconic moment, but I have my reservations in the thought it added to the value,,,( except for a very few). The $51k price reflects that.

1 hour ago, aardvark said:

MFG.

I do now some things about Him. It might have been a iconic moment, but I have my reservations in the thought it added to the value,,,( except for a very few). The $51k price reflects that.

I hear you…. Not a big deal but Studebaker installed a plaque on dash with Ward’s name and brief explanation.

That's Cool...

Now, a Alice Cooper Avanti might bring something,  Say if He signed the dash in 'marks-a-lot' and a certif of authenticity. He's apparently on His 2nd Avanti. ......One was resto-mod'ed

454037767_10161508798315395_6473030612258134488_n.jpg