Compressor and alternator mount brackets

Mel

The original A/C piston compressor was replaced with a Sandin rotary but jury-rig mounted on the original bracket (not my doing) and line up is not great.  Further, the alternator sits up on top of the engine (next to the oil filler tube) on another jury-rigged bracket; I'm thinking this bracket may be original.  The line up of this latter bracket is fair but allows very little contact of the fan belt with the water pump pulley.

Does anyone have experience with the Vintage Air mount brackets -- alternator on the driver's side and compressor on the passenger's?  I was told by a GM guru that they make good products.  I'm wondering if those two components mounted on the Vintage Air brackets will fit under the hood.

Any thoughts, advice, etc., will be greatly appreciated.

Vintage Air does make quality products.  There might be another possibility…one of the vendors…either in Avanti Magazine or the SDC’s Turning Wheels makes a bracket for the Sanden compressor.  It might be just for the Studebaker engine…not sure.  You might also check a source like Summit Racing to see if a Sanden compressor bracket is already produced for the Chebbie engine.