What Brake Booster can be used on a '63' - '71' Avanti?

I don't know the answer to this so I was hoping someone had some good suggestions.

My '63" Avanti Booster is toast. I've only found 1 source to rebuild the Bendix Unit. It's a questionable source but they are quite helpful...www.Avantiparts.Biz

They have no "In House"  Boosters to sell so they are having me send mine out to a Re-Builder.

The question then arrises what other Car ''Make Model Year'' maybe even a Part number ...will swap still using the Single master Cyl.  This is a 4 bolt setup.

I might add, there are NO stampings or identifying marks on the Part I have,,, Then only way I know it's Bendix is from My Repair Manual.. which also gives no numbers.

Edited by aardvark

There have been suggestions on this forum that an 8" booster from a 60-70 mopar b body will work. There is also a post on this forum in the trivia section that indicates an 8 3/4" mopar hemi booster is the same. I asked on this forum, and did not get a definitive answer.

https://aoai.org/forums/topic/43007-wanted-avanti-brake-booster-1963-1971/#comment-126070

In any case, I have dealt with Bob Ziff at Avanti Parts and Restorations and he is a stand up guy.

Edited by 64studeavanti

64Studeavanti has a good suggestion… If for any reason that doesn’t work out Stude/Avanti vendor Dave Thibeault has helped me in the past with Avanti brake parts.. including brake boosters…. Good luck!

Thank You Both. Much appreciation to Y'all.

Yeah Bob seems like He's on it. The booster is due to to ship out for re-building as soon as a Shipping Label comes in from Mr Ziff.

My understanding is that about every 3rd or 4th one re-built come back not working.

A Stude buddy of mine once owned a ‘64 GT Hawk with the Avanti disc brake factory option…..

He almost replaced that car’s brake booster, as pedal effort to stop car was increasing… but as it turned out the problem was an internally collapsed vacuum line between the intake manifold and the brake booster…. From the outside, that vacuum hose looked normal!

Thanks. MFG

Theres a lot of vacuum psi when the hose is released .. It goes Woosh. telling me it has good psi.

I can't speak from the past use, since I've not been able to drive this car more than 3 miles since I've owned it. (very frustrating)

This is the last issue holding me back.