I'm starting some moon roof repair instructions....1980-83. I need some help

As there are no instructions out there on the Sky Top moon roofs (starting in 1980) I'm documenting what I am going through just to replace the glass.

Here is what I need help on: Dan Booth says to just spray some lube on the worm gear as best as you can, and you are done. I still have to pulse the motor just to move the mechanism  forward or backwards without the glass. Does anyone have any hints on how to get everything clean, lubed and moving? Or is the motor simply undersized?

(PS, if someone has any idea how to remove the roll bar cover and headliner, I'll add it. Dan says EVERYTHING with the later moon roofs are done from above without removing those, but I still have this  issue of cleaning and lubing it all.)

Lubing the worm gear and glass track center/sides can be done front the roof.  The motors in these have plenty of torque, they aren't undersized.  If the glass is out and the track moves freely on the gear and sides, then I'd suspect the motor has a problem.  I know there is a rear access panel over the back seat, but I can't remember if you can access the motor from there or not.  If so, then take it out for service.  The headliner requires removing the rear glass and I think the small side windows in order to take it down, a big job.  

Thanks ronmanfredi. There is an access panel for the motor, I'll take mine out and see what is going on. I did get the rear headliner out with the glass in, but my rubber seal is still quite pliable.

Silverstude, thanks for finding those pages. I looked and looked, but often got distracted by another article here and there, so missed what I wanted!