Detaching Speedometer Cable From Guard

A83

I need to disconnect this cable to get the speedometer gauge out.  Does it screw in or snap in and how do I remove it?  I believe only the light and cable need to be disconnected correct? 

Is there any special way it reconnects? I don't want to screw it up.

Thanks for any help.

A83

12 hours ago, A83 said:

I need to disconnect this cable to get the speedometer gauge out.  Does it screw in or snap in and how do I remove it?  I believe only the light and cable need to be disconnected correct? 

Is there any special way it reconnects? I don't want to screw it up.

Thanks for any help.

A83

The cable is held on by a threaded collar (round nut).  You just unscrew it a few turns and then the nut will slide down the cable.  You can pull the cable out of the speedo head at that time.  More than likely, you can pull the speedo out enough to get the light bulbs out as well.

Thanks -shouldn’t I be able to pull the guage out completely ? 

Is there a wrong way to put it back in? 

Thank you 

4 hours ago, A83 said:

Thanks -shouldn’t I be able to pull the guage out completely ? 

Is there a wrong way to put it back in? 

Thank you 

Yes, the gauge will pull out completely.  What I meant was that you can pull it out part way, remove the bulbs and then completely remove it away from the dash.  Installing it is in reverse, you'll just need to be sure to level the gauge while tightening the retaining nuts on the clamp.  The clamp design will allow you to rotate the gauge into most any position.