Chrome plating advice

Bozman

I’m in the middle of trying to restore/repaint my 71 Avanti. The center of my front bumper looks good but the ends could stand to be replated.  We’re located about 50 miles north or Raleigh NC, there used to be a plater in Richmond Va but I think the EPA chased them away.  I wonder if anyone has had their bumper ends plated, what I might expect to pay and if there are any recommendations of who I could send them to.  If a service has already replated these parts they might be better able to tell me if they can tackle this project for me.

thanks

Bill

Avanti 2 RQ-B 1635

I'm running into the same issue... Bumperettes are getting pitty.

I'm outside of Asheville and wondering about locations and pricing as well. Also valve covers and air Horn over Carb need done.

Hanlon Plating in Richmond, VA seems to still be in business.  I have had plating done there with good results.  They have (or had) two levels of plating: street & show.  Be aware that they grind (or did grind) the old chrome off rather than de-plating it off.  This will thin your metal some.

--Dwight

Hi Dwight

I’ve used Hanlon plating about 10 years ago, I think that the EPA has since chased them away, I can’t find anything about them any more on the internet if you go to Hanlonplating.com it looks like you get a site in Thailand. Strange

i also posted this question on the Facebook Avanti owners page and got a bunch of replies, 

some include;

Dallas Plating, Dallas Ga

Custompolishchrome.com

Waynes Plating, Fredericksburg Va

Richard Lindsey, Ohio

• 1 month later...