heater box 64 Avanti

MARK

Leo B, thank you very much. I am very appreciative for your time and information. Yes this will make the process much easier and I will again use Dan Booth for some parts.

Mark

Leo B, I want to thank you very much again. I did gather  tools and some cardboard and after about 2 hours was able to fully remove all parts and see the leak from the heater core. As others have written, I am amazed with the amount of dirt within the system.

I am mailing out the heater core tomorrow to dave thibeault and decided to order a new motor too as there was squealing . Yes I ordered a gasket kit too.

So, Leo, I am very appreciative. The excitement will be to reassemble.

Mark

• 1 month later...

Leo B.  Again to be redundant, thank you so much again. I got the repaired heater core back from Dave Thibeault with a new motor for the fan; after 60 years why not, and new hoses. My pal ed jones came over to help me assemble everything an check out. Your instructions were perfect for removal and also reading backwards, reassembly. I really appreciated your assistance.

The Avanti & Studebaker Forums are just an amazing source of information and cooperation.

Mark

4 hours ago, MARK said:

Leo B.  Again to be redundant, thank you so much again. I got the repaired heater core back from Dave Thibeault with a new motor for the fan; after 60 years why not, and new hoses. My pal ed jones came over to help me assemble everything an check out. Your instructions were perfect for removal and also reading backwards, reassembly. I really appreciated your assistance.

The Avanti & Studebaker Forums are just an amazing source of information and cooperation.

Mark

This is why the AOAI exists 👍😊