Body to Frame shimming

Zedman

I have cleaned and painted all of the various steel Shims/Packers plus made some new ones. I plan on doing 'Hog troughs' soon- whilst the body is still unencumbered with its Frame. The Frame is a replacement, as will be the HT's.  

When I commence fitting the body back onto the Frame, how much packing will I need?   Is there a minimum/ maximum height and where should measurements be referenced to and from. I'm assuming the top of the frame rails to the bottom of the floor will have a recommended dimension. I did take lots of reference photos before tearing the car apart, so I have a start point of sorts. Can anybody throw some light on the subject?  I'm aware the Frame Crossmember above the Rear Axle had a couple of 1/8" Rubber shims there, originally.

890976522_1April23.UnderbodyShimsrepaintinprimer.thumb.JPG.57c69684e8a7ad780fdf39d24f961e4c.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, silverstude said:

Be very attentive to the radiator - firewall span. Iinsufficient support at the radiator will cause those cracks across the fender top near  the firewall

I have been very vigilant to keep the nose 'propped up' whilst disassembled.  Good point to consider, though-  on assembly maybe upward pre-load this position ever so slightly. Thanks for the tip.