Unrestored ‘63 R2 4 Speed Avanti

James In York

I’m looking at an unrestored ‘63 R2 4 Speed Avanti.  Only paperwork is build sheet but it appears original.

Bottom seat covers were replaced but other than that paint, chassis, etc… all appear original showing 43,000 miles.

Trying to garner an idea of value.  I was thinking R2’s in upper $30’s low 40’s but this car being original and the current 

market not sure value.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thx..

Well, I would offer that a round light '63, equipped with the supercharged engine and four speed transmission would be the Studebaker Avanti that commands the highest collector interest....of course, condition is everything.

Thanks Appreciate the guidance.  Looked at it today vin/cowl tag/motor all say its a real R2 4 Speed.  It’s a bit tired (paint) and the hog troughs were repaired/not replaced.  Wants about $10K over Dunkin’s high number.  I think there’s room but I’d gone in thinking low 40’s high 30’s but now am thinking $30 would be top dollar.  Runs real strong handles well.  First R2/4 Speed I looked at, think I’ll keep looking for a while.

Thanks Again.

Jim

My take on the R2 4 speed.  1) proper replacement of hog troughs is $4-$5k, proper strip, body repair, replacing all rubber after removing all glass between $25K & $40K, redo transmission $3 to $4K

do all guages work? what is the condition of the dash? The dash alone is a $5K expense

Another words, to really do that car right, expect $50 to $70K . Chrome would be included as rebuilding supercharger.

You have $90 to $110K into a car that is probably work $100 to $110K

Mark

• 2 weeks later...