Tagless Avanti?

mfg

It appears in a 'birds eye' view of the engine compartment of Studebaker Avanti R4795 that there's no body tag on the right inner skirt of this Avanti.

If it is missing, did Joe G. simply remove it for asthetic purposes, or is the missing tag one more oddity about this car?

I don’t  know for certain. It looks like he went to a lot of work running hoses and wiring under the fender apron etc. Look at the battery cable and ac hoses. I would guess that body tag didn’t look too good screwed to the fender apron so away it went. Also notice the battery box and extra cowl grill. Looks like the hood prop has been moved during restoration.

On 3/7/2023 at 5:30 PM, Nelson said:

I don’t  know for certain. It looks like he went to a lot of work running hoses and wiring under the fender apron etc. Look at the battery cable and ac hoses. I would guess that body tag didn’t look too good screwed to the fender apron so away it went. Also notice the battery box and extra cowl grill. Looks like the hood prop has been moved during restoration.

I agree  with you about the tag....Joe was certainly after a 'clean' look, and a metal tag with letters and numbers on it wouldn't help with that! 😏