Borg Warner T-10 Kit

Leo B

Hi,

Please advice. I have Borg Warner and marks T10 B-1 and T10-7B and on the cover 8-9-62.
What is the type of this 4-speed T10 and where to get good kit and parts? I like to rebuilt this Gearbox.
1, 2, 3 are loud and I have not open gearbox yet. If you have any tips on what to check, I'd be happy to receive them.

Edited by Leo B

45 minutes ago, Leo B said:

Hi,

Please advice. I have Borg Warner and marks T10 B-1 and T10-7B and on the cover 8-9-62.
What is the type of this 4-speed T10 and where to get good kit and parts? I like to rebuilt this Gearbox.
1, 2, 3 are loud and I have not open gearbox yet. If you have any tips on what to check, I'd be happy to receive them.

Leo, does you T 10 have a GM or a Ford style bolt pattern? (case to clutch housing)

Anyway, you have a very common transmission, used in the past by several different manufacturers...

One supplier of transmission  parts whom I have found to be dependable is 'FATSCO' in Montvale New Jersey.

Thank you mfg. What type this T10 is? Looks like Ford from websites?
I think this is original trans in my Avanti.
I like to know what style or numbers I use when I order parts. Just T10 B-1?
At Fatsco website: "we are a worldwide supplier of automatic transmission parts..."

T10-stude.jpg

Edited by Leo B

23 hours ago, Leo B said:

After looking webpages...
The gearbox is same as Ford Mustang T10-B-1 http://www.mustangtek.com/transmission/T10B-1.html

Tail is T10-7B which is from GM.

Did Studebaker use this combo in Avanti 1963?

Yes Leo, that's the '63-'64 Studebaker style you have there....It will bolt up to any V8 Studebaker clutch housing '58- '64. ( except the '61- '62 four speed clutch housing, which utilizes the GM bolt pattern.