Clutch does not release enough

Leo B

Hi, Please help. I bought new Release Bearing, new Disc and new Cover. All parts should be correct to Stude Avanti -63 4-speed. Now the situation is that I have adjust rod to maximum position and still release is not enough jus a hint.
Clutch pedal goes as far as possible. I have also new nylon bushes and I dont find looseness. I compared old parts and new parts. Looks same. Only thing I find, pressure fingers are little bit worn and new plate is of course thicker than old. But is it too thick? Dont know. I think that these two things makes this problem. Do you have experiense about this?

I had a similar issue once when I purchased a new clutch disk and pressure plate. I had the old disk  relined and the pressure plate rebuilt. That took care of the problem. I believe the facing material was too thick and/or the pressure on the plate was too high. If you look in the parts manual, you can see which pressure plate assemblies match up with which disks.

There was also a service bulletin about a replacement rod that did not flex as bad.  

Thank You 64studeavanti 👍
This was a relief and help for me. I have checked all pushings and all joints. It works now when I adjust "adjusting rod" as far as possible. Without the lock nut. Forgot to say that I have also new "adjusting rod". The material is hardened steel so does not bend. I bought disk and pressure plate as  a kit for -63. Im now sure that two things make this problem: Disk is a little bit thicker + pressure fingers are little bit worn.
Im wonder why the adjusting rod is so short that default adjust is almost at the end. I think that better to do new longer one (Y-model rather that L-model). Plus weld pressure fingers to make them stronger in rod.