'See Through' Avanti!

mfg

There are (....?....) separate pieces of 'see through' glass (not counting light bulbs or glass fuses) that can be found on a Studebaker Avanti...................1) eight.....2) eleven.....3 ) seventeen.....4) twenty-one.....or...... d) none of the above.

Edited by mfg

Do you include clear plastic or just glass of the melted sand variety?

Here is my count. Cabin glass=8, Instrument faces=8, Head light covers=2, Radio face=1, Fuel sediment bowl=1, giving a total of these items of 20. Then the overhead switch panel cover is clear but it is plastic. The standard mirrors (inside rear view and vanity) I didn't really consider as "see through" but Ron could argue that point..

gwood7..............WELL DONE ON THE FUEL SEDIMENT BOWL!!!!......I missed that one, although I think it would only pertain to the '64 model, still, the question stated 'Studebaker Avanti'...so you're definitely correct on that particular glass item!

Keep in mind, mirrors are a big variable. The Feds didn't require outside rear view mirrors of any kind as well as a number of states, noe of which required a right side mirror if the rear window wasn't obstructed. On my '63 I count 20 pieces total. The instrument lights don't count since they maybe glass but the red paint is on the outside. If they were LED with clear outer lenses, the mind swims with the counting possibilities.