Windshield Wiper Direction

wdaly

I think I finally figured out (yeah I'm not all that smart) WHY the wipers move in the opposite direction to most cars (not counting right-handed cars).  The 'gun sight' on the hood and to the windshield is In The Way of normal placement!  Am I right?

Also, I swear the windshield is The Same as on the Hawks, for example.  I know except for the 'gun sight' section.  I can see Stuedebaker doing that to save $.  And some of those Hawk stainless pillar covers sure look familiar!

Just say'n

On 3/3/2022 at 3:47 PM, wdaly said:

I think I finally figured out (yeah I'm not all that smart) WHY the wipers move in the opposite direction to most cars (not counting right-handed cars).  The 'gun sight' on the hood and to the windshield is In The Way of normal placement!  Am I right?

Also, I swear the windshield is The Same as on the Hawks, for example.  I know except for the 'gun sight' section.  I can see Stuedebaker doing that to save $.  And some of those Hawk stainless pillar covers sure look familiar!

Just say'n

I think you're 'spot on' as to why the windshield wipers are placed where they are on Avanti cowls....And the offset to the left Avanti windshield wiper arms are getting pretty hard to find & expensive!:(

Here's a curve ball...Ford Falcons of the same mid-sixties era also have similar offset wiper arms...however, those arms are offset to the right... (can't be used on Avantis)....and Falcons have no 'Gun Sight':o !!!