Avanti is a hit at the Concours d'Elegance of Texas

Devildog

Sunday six Avanti from the Third Coast Avanti Club were select to be in the Concours d' Elegance of Texas. The Avanti were given a prime location on a knoll adjacent to a class of Cords and Duesenbergs and looking down the hill at a covey of Lamborghini.

One or two Avanti draw a few comments, but six Avanti at a Concours d' Elegance makes a statement. Equally import the crowd loved the color and automotive history of the six Avanti, we added excitement to the show.

Caffeine Racer won the class

Joe

photo_zpsv06i2zjc.jpg

Edited by Devildog

Way to go! My 64R2 Avanti 3 years ago took a 1st in Class in NJ at a Concours d' Elegance and last year 99points. This May I am invited to the Greenwich CT Concours. I know and appreciate the excitement at any Concours when Avanti's or other Studebakers are there for more than just a show.

Very exciting to all Avanti owners past and present

Way to go! My 64R2 Avanti 3 years ago took a 1st in Class in NJ at a Concours d' Elegance and last year 99points. This May I am invited to the Greenwich CT Concours. I know and appreciate the excitement at any Concours when Avanti's or other Studebakers are there for more than just a show.

Very exciting to all Avanti owners past and present

Good for you, Mark. People love to see these Avanti. We are going to the Keels and Wheels Concourse d' Elegance in Seabrook (Houston) this weekend as well, wish they were spread a couple of weeks apart.

You have the right idea, drive these cars so not only you but others enjoy them. I drive my Avanti a couple days every week. Recently I ran to the bank in the Avanti; when I came out a young woman walked over and asked what it was. Then she said 'just look at all these cars in the parking the area...they all look the same. You have a work of art that everyone feels better after seeing it".