Avanti/Vette!

mfg

Averaging out the years from '63 to '91, the build ratio of Avantis to Corvettes (America's OTHER sports car) was.............? !) 1 Avanti to 75 Vettes.....2) 1 to 150.....3) 1 to 275......or....4) 1 to 340

"America's other sports car" is a stretch for the Avanti. Production, marketing, performance and perception were not Corvette comparable.

Like to see a (sales) description that would apply to Avantis of all ages.

I gotta agree. While Egbert wanted a "sports car", that's not what the Avanti was and is. It's a 4-place grand tourer...a promoted high performance one by Studebaker and more of a gentleman's performance cruising machine by Avanti Motors. You can make a case that the Avanti competed directly against another Studebaker product...the Grand Turismo Hawk as both fit in the GT category quite comfortably when properly optioned (in the Hawk's case).

By strict definition, a sports car is a 2-seater, but we live in an age where classic definitions don't mean much anymore...whether it's "sports cars" that don't fit the definition, "muscle cars" that don't fit the definition, "assault rifles" that don't fit the definition and a "government that works for the people"...and any number of other aspects of life today.

"America's other sports car" is a stretch for the Avanti. Production, marketing, performance and perception were not Corvette comparable.

Like to see a (sales) description that would apply to Avantis of all ages.

I meant Corvette when I posted 'America's other sports car' dapy.

Where did you get your figures? I compared Corvette production from those years to Avanti production during the same period. My math skills aren't the greatest so if I'm wrong no problem.

Maybe we got figures from different sources that don't agree.

Where did you get your figures? I compared Corvette production from those years to Avanti production during the same period. My math skills aren't the greatest so if I'm wrong no problem.

Maybe we got figures from different sources that don't agree.

I'd go with your conclusion,...at least we're within 'range'!