Avanti Lift

mfg

• 3 weeks later...

SBC's have two lift rings, so I doubt Avanti Motors added one, so False

Actually, the answer here is TRUE!...And I'm going to 'stick my neck out' here and say that the 327 CI Chevys of the '65-'67 era did not have the factory lift rings you refer to. (As the later Chevys definitely did)

Actually, the answer here is TRUE!...And I'm going to 'stick my neck out' here and say that the 327 CI Chevys of the '65-'67 era did not have the factory lift rings you refer to. (As the later Chevys definitely did)

They did have lift brackets http://www.lategreatchevy.com/full-size-chevy-engine-lift-brackets-small-block-1965-1970.html but that's not my question. Not to argue but just curious how/why Avanti Motors installed the SBC's using a three point setup? Chevrolet installed millions of engines a year with them but Nate chose to go a different route. Again not to argue just curious about how/why and particularily where they hooked up.

Edited by Avanti83

They did have lift brackets http://www.lategreatchevy.com/full-size-chevy-engine-lift-brackets-small-block-1965-1970.html but that's not my question. Not to argue but just curious how/why Avanti Motors installed the SBC's using a three point setup? Chevrolet installed millions of engines a year with them but Nate chose to go a different route. Again not to argue just curious about how/why and particularily where they hooked up.

You're probably correct about the lift brackets...but I'd like to leave the jury 'out' on this one until I eyeball a few small block '65-'67 Corvettes at a future cruise in. The brackets in the ad will certainly FIT on an early Chevy V8, and make it easier to move,...but are they really FACTORY?????? (Perhaps an owner of an original early 'A' series Avanti ll can help us out here!)

As far as the 'three point lift' is concerned...this setup was used because the engine and transmission were installed as an assembly onto a bare frame, (sans body) then the Avanti body was installed over them. The three point lift was simply the best and easiest way to accomplish this! (Quite impossible to implement if the body was already on the chassis)