Avanti on "What's my car worth?"

CaffeineRacer

Just saw an R2 1963 Avanti on the tv show "What's my car worth?" It was an episode that originally aired 10/26/2011, so it's kind of old news, but I'm always excited to see an Avanti on TV. They rated the car at a 3 in condition (driver) and a "C" for collectibility. They suggested a selling price of $25,000 and it ended up not selling with a top bid of $23,000. The owners name was "Fuzzy." Anyway just thought I would share.

I saw that episode. It looked like a very nice Avanti, but the owner left a few problems on the car un-fixed....and these problems showed up when they evaluated this Avanti. For example, the battery was NG and they had to jump it to get it started, and some of the gauges didn't work. No big deal, but the comment was made.."I wonder what else is wrong with this car?"

Yeah the one host Keith Martin was kind of a jerk about the car. It did look pretty nice, but you're right it did need some work. But I mean what Avanti owner wants a pristine perfect avanti that doesn't at least have one or two problems that need attention. :-)

An Avanti owner would know how easily (or not) those problems would be to fix and what else to look at to decide the car's value as a driver, candidate for restoration or parting out. The guys on that show, without much Avanti knowledge are basically guessing in the dark.

They are right...if such minor, fairly easily fixable things are wrong, then what else is the seller not talking about?