NOS Avanti woodgrain parts

Avantifan

I have a complete set of woodgrain dash and console parts, NOS and used. Including the instrument panel overlay, radio trim bezel, console front verticle cover, automatic shifter trim plate and moldings, ashtray cover assembly and late style console handle and trim. In very nice condition and some still in original packaging. The 5 slot console lever cover may have been installed so I will call it used. see post #3 for more info.

Anyone have any idea what these parts may be worth?

Edited by Avantifan

On the console cover...is it the later style 5-slot version or a 4-slot? The 4-slot was used only on a small number of factory transition cars though a number have been retrofitted to earlier cars. They're probably far more rare than the 5-slot used for '64 and Avanti II cars for years.

The panel overlay...does it have the round hold for the ignition switch or the vertical slot? The round hole style fits cars through 1970 while the vertical slot style was used for cars starting about 1971 when impact absorbing steering columns with the ignition lock was moved into the column.

The console vertical cover...is it for a/c or solid? Even for a/c there's several styles depending on when it was made.

Not trying to bust your chops but that information makes a difference to what audience will be interested. Pictures would help in narrowing things down and comping up with a potential value.

All the parts are are for the 64 style Studebaker Avanti. The Console cover is the 5 slot version, part number 1360025X1.

I took a another look at the parts today and the console cover was one of the two parts that were not still in boxes, but wrapped in soft material, and it has a couple of very small marks (shelf wear) on the woodgrain overlay but I doubt that it will show after it is installed. I really can't tell if it was ever installed so I will call it used. I also have a another very nice used one that looks to be OK too. The other part not in a box is the walnut grain shift lever panel for an automatic, it is the woodgrain metal plate only and I also have the two moldings for it that secure it to the cover, part number 1347876 and they are new in the bag.

The dash instrument overlay is still sealed in the box, part number 1358994X1. The radio bezel is part number 1562450. Ash tray is part number 1358919X1. Console handle part number 1360028X1. Console AC hole cover part number 1358914X1 W/O air. I do have a very nice used cover for use with air. All parts except the 5 slot console cover and the shifter cover overlay are still in the original packaging which as you can imagine is pretty brittle by now so I hate to keep handling them.

As far as pictures go you all know what they look like. I can send pictures if anyone needs them

Edited by Avantifan

I have just done a spit and polish on the panel/console in my R4888 R4 (listed as 1964). It looks to me like the "wood grain" in these later cars is simply thin stick on plastic. Mine required the usual correct color (nail polish) touch up otherwise in good shape. Not clear whether what's for sale is with the wood grain finish.

AVANTIFAN

I am interested in your woodgrain parts.

One thing I have to tell you is I have seen 3 different versions of the wood grain parts all on different Studebaker Avanti's.

My only question do all match in color and grain?

Contact me at Schlumpfbrothers "at" yahoo.com

Thanks,

Luma

From the part numbers they will match as well as they did on the any late Avanti. There are no listings for any other colors, grains or part numbers. I worked at Avanti Motors, parts manager, for years and I never saw any different color woodgrain. I think if you saw different colors they were probably done in the aftermarket.

• 5 months later...

Davette...FYI, the gauge overlay for a '78 is different from one that fits a '63 through '70 Avanti. The earlier overlay has a place for the ignition switch where yours does not...yours has a steering column mounted switch. Yours also has several other indicator lights in the dash overlay...the original style only has turn signal indicators. Not that this is insurmountable...it probably can be modified...just so you're aware of it.