Power locks and antenna

Tony S

Suspect it is. My 83 has toggle switches mounted on the lower lip if the dash for those two functions. The power antenna is on the left side of the steering wheel and the power door locks is on the right. There is a third toggle switch on the lower lip of the dash just to the right of the console that controls the interior lights.

I don't think there was a standard location for where some switches were located. On my '70 the trunk release switch and the rear defogger switch are installed under the left side of the dash. I've seen Avanti II's with at least one of them located under the dash to the right of the steering column. I believe those things were left up to the individual installer on any particular car as it was being built.

The power door lock switch (toggle) on my 76 is located under the lower left corner of the dash. There is no power antenna as the rear window frame has an antenna incorporated in it. Power trunk release button is on the left side of the glovebox.

I got a chance to pull one of the switches today for the power antenna . The lever is broken off so I wanted to replace it. Its the same SPDT as the door lock switch. Looked in stud Int. catalogue and both resemble their door lock switch. There is a moulded plug that connects up to the switches and it has an odd patern on the rear so I guess the car was built that way.