stock radio conversion to solid state - source?

BillyBob

looking to replace my Blaupunkt radio with OE radio converted to solid-state AM/FM. what is experience in doing this and can anyone recommend a shop for the conversion. ideally, the converted OE radio could be put into a similar-sized chassis as the Blaupunkt for ease of installation.

the Blaupunkt radio appears dealer-installed - this, based on a sticker on the radio chassis. the Blaupunkt may have been tied into an amplifier installed in the trunk, under the package tray.

...what interest is there in the removed Blaupunkt radio? it was functional when removed. the radio comes complete with a custom-fabricated faceplate.post-3180-13380462867242_thumb.jpg

thanks!...i've contacted Mike and he seems very capable and competent - now working to a 6-8 wk backlog. while i'd like conversion in a smaller chassis - seems not possible with current technology.

can't find instructions for Avanti radio remove/replace. seems like removing tunnel side cover may provide access -- do i need know more?

...the Blaupunkt - about 1/3rd the size of Avanti's Delco, was very easy to remove.