63 R 2 Parts

ken1007

I recently bought a 63 R2, 4 speed, that has undergone several changes over the years, and no longer has a correct R2 engine and have traced the original sale in 1963 to he present; it was once an R4, and it spent most, if not all, of its life in or around Harrisonburg, Va. A frame off will start this winter and the plan is to return it to bonafide R2 status if the parts can be found. At this point I need a salvageable R2 engine and its associated supecharger parts. The original engine is RS-1519, but there is little hope of finding it. Please let me know if you can help, also posted in Studebaker forum. Ken, Deltaville, Va

Contact Jon Myer...if anyone can find you a correct engine it's him. For parts, the usual vendors...Myer, Nostalgic and Studebaker International will get you most, if not all of what you need. There are other vendors, to be sure.

Mechanical parts are pretty easy to source...it's the trim parts that can be a pain. For some items Ebay can be indispensable but prices can be all over the board.