74 Avanti II windshield Gasket

jeffdgale

Hi anybody have any experience with buying a replacement gasket for an Avanti II (Mine is a 74 model). I have looked around and see prices ranging from $70 - $115. Are there differences in quality, material, or construction? Thanks.

Hi anybody have any experience with buying a replacement gasket for an Avanti II (Mine is a 74 model). I have looked around and see prices ranging from $70 - $115. Are there differences in quality, material, or construction? Thanks.

I got mine from Betty Booth at Nostalgic Motors. $75 The glass shop was pleased with it.

Charlie RQB3921

• 1 year later...

I got mine from Betty Booth at Nostalgic Motors. $75 The glass shop was pleased with it.

Charlie RQB3921

WHAT - would be the 'issues' with these gaskets? I'm concerned that I'm having difficulties with 'snapping' the stainless moldings on and that the bottom corners are slightly curved UP (not conforming with the windshield opening fence which is NOT curved at the bottom). I want a watertight seal. I don't want to put 'words' in your answers - just wondering IF different results with different suppliers is an issue. Oh, and is it really required to use 3M #8509 in the windshield channel (where the actual glass goes into the rubber gasket) cause it's really messy and makes it harder to work the rubber/stainless.

Bill :rolleyes:

Having restored both a 73 Avanti II and my 64R2 I have bought with great satisfaction rubber from both Betty Booth with Nostalgic and Dave Thibeault at Studedave@aol.com You can call both dealers who will give you plenty of phone time with detailed information. They are good people.

Edited by MARK