Hog Trough Replacement - Referral

BillyBob

Hog Troughs in my '77 are non-existent. Yes, I know the "debate" and am undecided where, exactly, I am in the argument. That said, I lean toward replacement and am looking for a referral to a MI, IN, or OH shop that is experienced in their replacement. My limited search in Metro Detroit has been unsuccessful in finding an interested shop. What say you?

Hog Troughs in my '77 are non-existent. Yes, I know the "debate" and am undecided where, exactly, I am in the argument. That said, I lean toward replacement and am looking for a referral to a MI, IN, or OH shop that is experienced in their replacement. My limited search in Metro Detroit has been unsuccessful in finding an interested shop. What say you?

I'm ignorant about a debate but Myer's Studebaker is in Duncan Falls, OH and they are expert in Avanti http://www.myersstudebaker.com/

Dan Booth is in MI somewhere http://www.avantiparts.net/ Thier website is being revamped but Dan should be able to help with ideas for the hog trough replacement too.

Good luck,

Joe Menacker

• 4 weeks later...

Dan Booth is not far from you and as some have already said, he is very knowledgeable on the Avanti II. I am sure since he is close o Detroit he can reccomend someone to you. When I replaced by Troughs oon my 73 II I had to show the shop how to do it. They did a fantastic job but that was 10 years agi and in PA,

I live in Dallas area and just had the left side hog trough replaced. I bought the five piece kit from Classic. Our local National Collision auto center franchise is owned by two "car guys" and they did a great job in getting my sagging '78 back in fine shape. Wonder if other body shops in your area might also welcome a challenge? Good luck, having this done will make a big difference in the car!

Tim