Sign in to follow this  
wapanzica

Recaro Seats

Looking for replacement foam and parts for the Recaro seats in my 84. Need new foam (I can feel the frame when I set) and the seat will not lock in place.

Any good resources?

Thanks

A good upholstery shop should be able to help you out. The Avanti Recaros are long out of production and replacement foam from Recaro may either be unavailable or very expensive.

One other option is Nostalgic Motors...Dan Booth purchased all of Avanti Motor's spare parts inventory when they moved to Youngstown.

Thank You James, I want to keep the original seats since we are restoring the car so I need all the restoration parts I can get. Unless you have an idea of a seat model #. I could use a new frame and install the original seat cover on. Possible?

Found a local shop that is going to repair the seats for under $250 each. They will get it done much faster then I could.

Thanks for all your help.

Nice! Can you post some "before" and "after" pics?

Found a local shop that is going to repair the seats for under $250 each. They will get it done much faster then I could.

Thanks for all your help.