Jump to content

Recommended Posts

With an eye towards 'soft-peddle', very conservative driving habits, a 1989 Avanti Coupe is capable of .......?...... freeway miles between fill-ups!

1) 250.........2) 300.........3) 425......or.....4) 600

Link to post
Share on other sites

With the chevy 305 capable of mid 20's per gallon useage and a tank size of about 20 gallons I guess 425 miles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Stacey said:

With the chevy 305 capable of mid 20's per gallon useage and a tank size of about 20 gallons I guess 425 miles.

Good thought, however 425 is not the answer.:(

HINT....Fuel tank capacity is 25 gallons!

Anyone else want to try?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mfg said:

Good thought, however 425 is not the answer.:(

HINT....Fuel tank capacity is 25 gallons!

Anyone else want to try?

I drove my 1987 Avanti to South Bend, 750 miles one way.  I do not remember it as being particularly good on mileage.  The answer that you are looking for is probably 4)600.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, studegary said:

I drove my 1987 Avanti to South Bend, 750 miles one way.  I do not remember it as being particularly good on mileage.  The answer that you are looking for is probably 4)600.

And 600 miles, according to 1989 Avanti Coupe owner Robert Bryant, is CORRECT!:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...