WANTED: Dash end plate and other parts

R3 Forward

I need a pair of the aluminum end plates for the dash as well as the center console plate where the heater and air vent adjustments are.  Also looking for a functioning lock mechanism for the glove box.  If anybody has these part and is willing to sell them please contact me at r3forward@gmail.com or call Jim at 480-544-5025.

Thanks,

Edited by R3 Forward
typo

I am also looking for a working, locking glove box latch.  Seems no has a good one for sale

I have found out they are also used on 60 Larks.

I have found a similar but not exact item on a mid/late 60 Mustang. https://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-drake-glove-box-latch-1967-1968/p/HW1663/

If you try the mustang one let me know how it works

23 hours ago, R2W55 said:

I am also looking for a working, locking glove box latch.  Seems no has a good one for sale

I have found out they are also used on 60 Larks.

I have found a similar but not exact item on a mid/late 60 Mustang. https://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-drake-glove-box-latch-1967-1968/p/HW1663/

If you try the mustang one let me know how it works

Thanks for the info re. the mustang.  I looked at them and they are close but the one we need does not have that ridge on the top so don't think I want to temp fate and buy one to try.  I'm not that desperate (yet)...   BTW, I found a lot of mustang latches for sale on eBay as well.

Jim

• 1 month later...

Jim,

I bought one of the Mustang ones and it is VERY close. I will have to notch the top of the glove box hole (only the fiberglass, not the padding) to accept the ridge.

I will also have to drill new holes on the flanges as the pony ones are too far out.  The catch will also have to be moved a little.

The key part of the cylinder is very close to the original so I can slide the 'chrome' piece on the end over it will fill the padding hole very nice.

I haven't actually done the mods yet but they look fairly straight forward.

What is really nice about the mustang part is it is new works like silk.  I'll re-post after the mods are doneIMG_2606.thumb.jpg.83acabd4a6241bccdaf6aa2d8e0e4072.jpg