Avanti Axles!

Apart from the rare Studebaker R3-4 style heavy duty Dana '44' flanged rear axle assembly, ( which Avanti Motors never used), the Avanti factory went from using the Studebaker type 'tapered axle shaft' Dana '44' rear axle to the Chevy truck style Dana '44' flanged rear axle (as would be found, for example, in a 1980 model year Avanti.............True?

Avanti Motors began using flange axles beginning with RQA0176 though I know of at least one 1970s Avanti that was built with tapered axles.  Whether the flanged axle was the same as a 1980 Chebbie truck I can't say...but I'll guess that the answer is true.  Avanti Motors would have tried to use commonly sourced parts as much as possible.

9 minutes ago, Gunslinger said:

Avanti Motors began using flange axles beginning with RQA0176 though I know of at least one 1970s Avanti that was built with tapered axles.  Whether the flanged axle was the same as a 1980 Chebbie truck I can't say...but I'll guess that the answer is true.  Avanti Motors would have tried to use commonly sourced parts as much as possible.

Great comments!, however, the answer to this question is false!:(....(There was an 'in between' third type of '44'  used by Avanti Motors)