Up-Up an Avanti!

mfg

17 hours ago, StudeNorm said:

Rear spring mounting point and front suspension a-arm rear mount though I almost think one would need a special pad for the front arm.

Norm, you' nailed it' with the rear spring mounting point (at the rear leaf spring front mount)......but at the front, the factory called for another location. (not at control arm)

Anyone know where that forward spot would be?:huh:

I read that the frame was NOT supposed to be used and the suspension points (rear forward spring mount and front ... blah blah point) were the "natural" lift points for a 2 post hoist, otherwise the body flexes and you get cracks. My car shows micro-cracks and a seriously beat up tranny cross member from being lifted at the wrong points. The problem is I can't remember the exact wording used to describe the front suspension lift points so... I pass.

3 hours ago, StudeNorm said:

I read that the frame was NOT supposed to be used and the suspension points (rear forward spring mount and front ... blah blah point) were the "natural" lift points for a 2 post hoist, otherwise the body flexes and you get cracks. My car shows micro-cracks and a seriously beat up tranny cross member from being lifted at the wrong points. The problem is I can't remember the exact wording used to describe the front suspension lift points so... I pass.

I get what you're saying about an Avanti's front fiberglass overhang being 'stressed' if the forward lift  point is too far back on the frame....however, the spot where the forward lift pads should contact the frame would be at the outer ends of the engine rear support crossmember, where it bolts up to the frame rails....the forward legs of the beefy Avanti 'X' member ties into the frame close to this lifting point also. (a very strong area!)

As Avanti frames age and, in some cases, slightly weaken, a lift point closer to the front of the frame should (I believe) be considered!:o