Avanti ll "Outback'!

mfg

4 hours ago, mfg said:

'Avanti ll' nameplates were factory installed on the deck lid of all '65-'82 Avantis except..........?

the prototype convertible (RQB 1582).

3 hours ago, mfg said:

Do you mean the Straman prototype convertible RQB 3370?:huh:

That isn't the one that I was referring to, but the answer also applies to that one.  I was referring to the Doyne convertible.

7 hours ago, studegary said:

That isn't the one that I was referring to, but the answer also applies to that one.  I was referring to the Doyne convertible.

I'm going to say CORRECT here Gary....although neither of these Avantis are the one I was seeking!....Fact is, I can't find a clear picture of the tail of either of the convertibles (3370& 1582)

Can anyone else think of another Avanti ll built without an Avanti script on the deck lid?:huh:

1 hour ago, mfg said:

I'm going to say CORRECT here Gary....although neither of these Avantis are the one I was seeking!....Fact is, I can't find a clear picture of the tail of either of the convertibles (3370& 1582)

Can anyone else think of another Avanti ll built without an Avanti script on the deck lid?:huh:

Now that I looked up a picture of the Straman convertible, I believe that it has an Avanti nameplate on the deck. 

12 hours ago, studegary said:

Now that I looked up a picture of the Straman convertible, I believe that it has an Avanti nameplate on the deck. 

Thanks Gary,...not sure about RQB1582, but it may indeed turn out that the Avanti ll I'm looking for was the only one built without the 'Avanti ll' logo on the deck lid.

HINT...it's a VERY early car!

10 hours ago, mfg said:

Thanks Gary,...not sure about RQB1582, but it may indeed turn out that the Avanti ll I'm looking for was the only one built without the 'Avanti ll' logo on the deck lid.

HINT...it's a VERY early car!

With that hint, I will say the first one, before they decided to turn a VIII into a II.

19 minutes ago, studegary said:

With that hint, I will say the first one, before they decided to turn a VIII into a II.

You are CORRECT....Indeed, RQA0001 had no name on its tail!....WELL DONE!:)