Avanti Owners!

mfg

I think that I read the answer to this somewhere, but I do not remember where or what the number was, so I will guess 2) 25%.  I think the number would be higher if you took in all previous Avantis and not just Avanti IIs as in your question (only 1965 - 1969 at that time).  

22 minutes ago, mfg said:

In a 1971 interview, Arnold Altman stated that.....?.....% of new Avanti ll production goes to repeat Avanti ll buyers.

1) 10......2) 25........3) 40......or......4) 60

11 minutes ago, studegary said:

I think that I read the answer to this somewhere, but I do not remember where or what the number was, so I will guess 2) 25%.  I think the number would be higher if you took in all previous Avantis and not just Avanti IIs as in your question (only 1965 - 1969 at that time).  

In the article, Altman specifically mentioned HIS own customers....so that would rule out folks who previously purchased Studebaker Avantis

And sorry, 25% is incorrect!

41 minutes ago, mfg said:

In the article, Altman specifically mentioned HIS own customers....so that would rule out folks who previously purchased Studebaker Avantis

And sorry, 25% is incorrect!

Altman sold Studebakers, including Avantis (both prior to and during his Avanti II days), so why would the statement of "HIS own customers" rule out at least the customers of his that purchased Studebaker Avantis?  

10 hours ago, studegary said:

Altman sold Studebakers, including Avantis (both prior to and during his Avanti II days), so why would the statement of "HIS own customers" rule out at least the customers of his that purchased Studebaker Avantis?  

Elementary my dear Watson!....Although you'd probably need to read the article to understand, it was written in 1971,and he was definitely speaking of repeat Avanti ll customers! Now, how about another try at the question?

11 hours ago, mfg said:

Elementary my dear Watson!....Although you'd probably need to read the article to understand, it was written in 1971,and he was definitely speaking of repeat Avanti ll customers! Now, how about another try at the question?

Since you asked, and no one else responded, I seem to remember a 40% number from some period of time.  Perhaps that is the answer 3) 40.  

Edited by studegary

1 hour ago, studegary said:

Since you asked, an no one else responded, I seem to remember a 40% number from some period of time.  Perhaps that is the answer 3) 40.  

You got it Gary!