Avanti Frame

billy

A Lark convertible frame is what you would need. It has the "X" in it for strength. Other Lark frames could be used but you would have to modify them. Some body outrigger mounts would have to be moved from one to another I believe.

Depending on what is needed for the car you're looking at, it can be repaired...it just depends on how much money you're willing to invest. Short of being crushed, most any frame can be fixed...it's simply a matter of money and the capability of a properly equipped shop.

There is a guy on the forum that is making new frames for Avantis that will

use Corvette front and Viper rear suspensions. If those parts were got from

used sources, then if might be close to wht you will spend for a used frame,

repair costs for it, and then rebuilding of the entire suspension.

I just wish that he had just used Corvette front AND rear suspension. Viper

stuff isnt as common as Vette.

Tom

There is a guy on the forum that is making new frames for Avantis that will

use Corvette front and Viper rear suspensions. If those parts were got from

used sources, then if might be close to wht you will spend for a used frame,

repair costs for it, and then rebuilding of the entire suspension.

I just wish that he had just used Corvette front AND rear suspension. Viper

stuff isnt as common as Vette.

Tom

Tom,

We are using Corvette front and rear suspension on the stainless Avanti chassis. The only item from the Viper is the differential and it's support, for the Corvette's rear support is way to wide for an Avanti. Incidently, the Viper Super Dana 44 is sometimes less expensive than the Corvette Super Dana 44.

It would be less expensive to find a used Avanti chassis and rebuild the suspension than purchase a new stainless one.

Currently working on designing & fabricating the adustable camber bars with heim joints.

Here is our new aluminum half shaft, same as the Corvette only shorter.

halfshaft.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Tom,

We are using Corvette front and rear suspension on the stainless Avanti chassis. The only item from the Viper is the differential and it's support, for the Corvette's rear support is way to wide for an Avanti. Incidently, the Viper Super Dana 44 is sometimes less expensive than the Corvette Super Dana 44.

It would be less expensive to find a used Avanti chassis and rebuild the suspension than purchase a new stainless one.

Currently working on designing & fabricating the adustable camber bars with heim joints.

Here is our new aluminum half shaft, same as the Corvette only shorter.

halfshaft.jpg

i know this isn't related to the early 60's avanti's, but your chat reminded me of a conversation i had with someone from avanti motor car back in the 80's.

was looking for information about the avanti II's, and the gentleman i spoke with (i took no notes and all info was lost - suspect, right?) told me he was trying to get the designer(s) of the [C5] corvette frame to redesign the avanti II frame with that new corvette 'tunnel' design. trying to bring the avanti into the future or something. maybe it was just salesman b.s.. anyway, guess it never happened; but the idea was intriguing.

hope you can make it work,

ww

i know this isn't related to the early 60's avanti's, but your chat reminded me of a conversation i had with someone from avanti motor car back in the 80's.

was looking for information about the avanti II's, and the gentleman i spoke with (i took no notes and all info was lost - suspect, right?) told me he was trying to get the designer(s) of the [C5] corvette frame to redesign the avanti II frame with that new corvette 'tunnel' design. trying to bring the avanti into the future or something. maybe it was just salesman b.s.. anyway, guess it never happened; but the idea was intriguing.

hope you can make it work,

ww

I've read that back in the '80s Avanti Motors (don't know if this was during the Blake or Kelly era) had contracted with someone to design a modern chassis dedicated to the Avanti. It might have been Reeves Callaway since he was allied with Chevrolet and the Corvette at that time, but I don't know for sure. Supposedly when Avanti's money ran out, developement on the new chassis stopped.

Maybe someone else here can shed some light on that.