Avanti R4 Changes!

mfg

Are you talking about upper "A" arms, and the rear axle, 8000 rpm tach etc?

I would think so due to the specialized nature of the engine.

Brad thinks all 'R3 spec' factory changes would have been incorporated into a production line R4 Avanti. (a car that was unfortunately never built)

Any other thoughts on this question?

ANSWER...The answer here is FALSE.....The body of an 'R4 Avanti would not of needed to be raised at the front, and the elaborate 'R3 type' air intake system would not have been incorporated!

False, the stock intake on an R4 won't clear without raising the body. Since NO R4 Avantis were built, you wouldn't know this.

Even with ultra low profile air cleaners they would hit hard in the back. I shimmed the body and made custom bumper brackets to make the one I Just finished fit.

DuelCarburator1-768x574.jpg

DuelCarburator3-1.jpg

Edited by brad

49 minutes ago, brad said:

False, the stock intake on an R4 won't clear without raising the body. Since NO R4 Avantis were built, you wouldn't know this.

Even with ultra low profile air cleaners they would hit hard in the back. I shimmed the body and made custom bumper brackets to make the one I Just finished fit.

DuelCarburator1-768x574.jpg

DuelCarburator3-1.jpg

Nope, I have to disagree with you on this one Brad...The R4 carb/intake setup WILL clear an Avanti's hood without raising the body! (although I don't know how to PROVE that).....By the way, NICE PICS!