Cagey Avanti!

mfg

• 3 weeks later...

Sure, anything is removable with a cutting torch :-)

Seriously, I really have no idea on this one Ed. Anything would be just a guess on my part, and I try to stay away from guessing on these trivia questions.

But thanks for posting them, I enjoy them!

Sure, anything is removable with a cutting torch :-)

Seriously, I really have no idea on this one Ed. Anything would be just a guess on my part, and I try to stay away from guessing on these trivia questions.

But thanks for posting them, I enjoy them!

Good point about "anything is removable"....I agree!

However, the Granatelli ad stated it was 'removable'..........with that, it sounds like it's a 'bolt in' job.

Of course, inspecting #9 would tell the tale.

Thanks for the positive comment!....MERRY CHRISTMAS!

In observing #8, it appears to have had blocks welded to the roll cage to make it removable, but also of such size and strength that it was not weak for being a bolt in. The welds appeared to be of great quality, that they were not welded by a novice. I don't know who actually constructed and welded the roll cages, but I take my hat off to them.

Yes it is removable and as Gene said the welds in #8 are quite amazing.  I would guess it was done by someone or a shop near Paxton that did welding for the aerospace industry.  Mfg: would you please give a reference for the ad stating it was bolted in?  I have not seen that ad.

13 hours ago, gwood7 said:

Yes it is removable and as Gene said the welds in #8 are quite amazing.  I would guess it was done by someone or a shop near Paxton that did welding for the aerospace industry.  Mfg: would you please give a reference for the ad stating it was bolted in?  I have not seen that ad.

Sure!...The ad was placed by Andy Granatelli in 'Avanti Newsletter #10', summer 1967, back page classifieds.