1976 AC hose

rwolak

The simplest way is to have a shop make up a new hose. Some Avanti II's...if they have the large GM A-6 compressor have very long a/c hoses that run across the engine from the driver side to the passenger side. I'm not aware of any production car that used such long a/c hoses. If your car has the older compressor the hoses aren't quite so long but having one made up is a better way to go.

The simplest way is to have a shop make up a new hose. Some Avanti II's...if they have the large GM A-6 compressor have very long a/c hoses that run across the engine from the driver side to the passenger side. I'm not aware of any production car that used such long a/c hoses. If your car has the older compressor the hoses aren't quite so long but having one made up is a better way to go.

Yes, I do have the large GM A-6 compressor with the longer hoses. Ok, guess I'll have to start looking for someplace that can make up a new hose.

Thanx for the info.

Most, if not all, GM cars of the period mounted the A-6 compressor on the right side of the engine bay which made for shorter hose runs to the evaporator. Avanti Motors changed the location to the left...there must be some clearance issues on the right. That necessitated long hose runs from the left to the evaporator.